Information is provided on this page as a public service. The Synthetic Biology Project neither endorses nor is responsible for the content of the external links below.
•The Hastings Center - "A nonpartisan research institution dedicated to bioethics and the public interest since 1969."
• Synbiosafe - "SYNBIOSAFE is a scientific project supported fully by the EC-FP6 programme. It is the first project in Europe to research the safety and ethical aspects of synthetic biology, and aims to proactively stimulate a debate on these issues."
• The Royal Society, "The Royal Society, the national academy of science of the UK and the Commonwealth, is at the cutting edge of scientific progress. We support many top young scientists, engineers and technologists, influence science policy, debate scientific issues with the public and much more. We are an independent, charitable body which derives our authoritative status from over 1400 Fellows and Foreign Members."
• Royal Society Synthetic Biology Gateway, "A collection of online resources on synthetic biology from The Royal Society, the national academy of science of the UK and the Commonwealth."
• 2020 Science, "Providing a clear perspective on developing science and technology responsibly." Commentary from Dr. Andrew Maynard.
• BBSRC: Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, Research Councils UK, "Catalog of research funding opportunities across the biotechnology landscape."
• Haseloff Lab, University of Cambridge - Various research projects and programs.
• Institute of Biological Engineering, "The Institute of Biological Engineering (IBE) was established to encourage inquiry and interest in biological engineering in the broadest and most liberal manner and promote the professional development of its members."
• J. Craig Venter Institute, "The J. Craig Venter Institute was formed in October 2006 through the merger of several affiliated and legacy organizations...and is a world leader in genomic research."
• Keasling Laboratory, University of California - Berkeley, "The Keasling Laboratory's research is organized around three primary themes: Synthetic biology, Systems biology and Environmental biotechnology."
• SynBERC, Synthetic Biology Engineering Research Center, "The Synthetic Biology Engineering Research Center (SynBERC) is a multi-institution research effort to lay the foundation for the emerging field of synthetic biology."
• syntheticbiology.org, multiple university labs, "Community-maintained wiki with lists of news, conferences, labs, educational courses, references, synthetic biology companies, and current research products. Unique content includes summaries of discussions/debates in synthetic biology."
• BIO-Biotechnology Industry Organization, "Synthetic Biology Resource Center - BIO represents more than 1,200 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology technologies."